ABEC, Inc. Tuition Rewards
Start Building Rewards Today
Welcome to the SAGE Scholars Tuition Rewards program registration for ABEC, Inc. employees! Tuition Rewards is a free program for ABEC, Inc. employees that provides discounts (scholarships) worth up to $53,505.00 off the "list price" of tuition at over 375 participating private colleges and universities.
Member schools include Clarkson, Creighton, DePaul, Duquesne, La Salle, RIT, RPI, SCAD, ST. Lawrence, Susquehanna, Union, University of Dayton, University of San Diego, University of Tampa, Valparaiso and WPI. In 2016, participating high school seniors submitted Tuition Rewards points valued at $74.6 million to member colleges and universities.
You will earn Tuition Rewards based on your company sponsored 401K retirement savings account
(401K account balance * 5% = # of annual Tuition Rewards posted).
Even if you do not have an eligible student in your family at this time, you can still register to begin earning and accruing rewards. The sooner you register, the more Tuition Rewards you will have accrued for a loved one when he or she attends a member college or university.
Sign Up Bonus
Each new account holder who completes the registration will receive a 500-point Tuition Rewards bonus ($500 value)!
All fields marked with an * are required.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I earn Tuition Rewards on new investments in my 401k only?
- No, Tuition Rewards are calculated on the total account value of your 401k account. For example, in year one of your participation, you have $10,000 in your 401k - you would earn 500 Tuition Rewards Points on that ($10,000 x .05). Then, in year two, you invest an additional $10,000 into your 401k - bringing the total account value up to $20,000. You would earn 1,000 Tuition Rewards Points on that ($20,000 x .05) - giving you a total Tuition Rewards amount of 1,500 points.
- Is there a limit on how many Tuition Rewards Points I can earn?
- No, there is no limit on Tuition Rewards Points that you, the Sponsor, can accrue into your account. However, each member school has it's own limit on how many points can be used by an individual student (typically this is equal to one full year of tuition). Since you can sponsor your children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, the more points you have accrued into your account the more points you can make available to each student.
- I currently don't have any children, or, my children are very young. Why should I enroll now?
- The longer you are in the program, the more Tuition Rewards Points you will earn. Students only need to be added to our system prior to August 31st of the year that the student begins 11th grade
- Is there any cost to me?
- No, ABEC, Inc. is providing this to you as part of your benefits package.
- Do I have to allocate Tuition Rewards to my students equally?
- No, it is up to you to decide how you want to give your Tuition Rewards to the students you sponsor. You simply must allocate (transfer) Tuition Rewards to a student by August 31st of the year that the student begins 12th grade.
- What if I don't use the Tuition Rewards? Can I give my Tuition Rewards Points to my church / school / employer / another family?
- If you don't use your Tuition Rewards Points then you've still lost nothing - Tuition Rewards is a free program for employees of ABEC, Inc.. Tuition Rewards can only be used by the children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews whom you sponsor in the program. You cannot give unused Tuition Rewards to another parent or organization.