Bennett College Profile
Bennett College prepares women of color through a transformative liberal arts education to lead with purpose, integrity, and a strong sense of self-worth. Bennett provides educational access to students while promoting inquiry, civic engagement, social justice, lifelong learning, and equity for all.
Bennett College is renowned for its intimate, engaging learning community that produces phenomenal women scholars and global leaders.
Bennett College’s undergirding philosophy is that a high-quality college experience should provide its women students with strong academic and co-curricular programs that encourage their personal development, endorse life-long learning, and prepare them to meet the needs of an ever-changing society.
Bennett College values and respects every member of its community. As a United Methodist Church-related institution, the College believes that education should be related to humanitarian ends.
- Civic Engagement
- Global Citizenship
Bennett’s Competitive Advantage
- Cultivates confident women leaders who are fiscally and socially responsible and civically engaged.
- Offers unique culture where faculty, staff, and alumnae build rapport with students and participate in their development.
- Meets students where they are academically and offers comprehensive support services.
- Provides a broad-based, liberal arts education that helps students flourish in a global, ever-changing economy.
- Emphasizes the leadership development of women.